HSE at Work Lawyers
Defending You from Health and Safety Legislation Prosecution.
The maximum possible penalty for Health & Safety offences varies, but can be huge. For example, for failure to comply with an improvement or prohibition notice is a £20,000 fine and/or a six month period of imprisonment.
This illustrates how serious any potential or actual Health and Safety prosecution can be to the workplace, individuals and companies.
You need protection and expert HSE at Work advice.
Our Health and Safety Solicitors have over 20 years experience defending workplace cases like yours so start protecting yourself and your company now and contact us today!
HSE at Work Defence
A company or individual business may well receive a visit from the Health and Safety inspector in relation to a number of different situations. Usually the proceedings will begin to buy a visit to the Business Premises or location in a number of circumstances. There would then be a decision to prosecute provided there is sufficient evidence to support a health and safety prosecution and that it is in the public interest to do so.
A Health and Safety prosecution will normally follow in the following cases:
- Where a person has been killed due to a breach of health and safety law.
- Where the breach of health and safety regulations or injury is so serious or the general approach of the offender is so bad that it justifies a prosecution.
- Where there have been repeated warnings about failure to comply with health and safety regulations.
- Where work has been carried out without the health and safety license all wear work has been done in breach of the terms of any license.
- Where work has been carried out without a safety case where one is needed or there is a failure to follow the process is set out in a safety case.
- Where the standard of safety management falls far below that expected and causes significant risk.
- Where there has been a failure to comply with an improvement or prohibition notice.
- Where there has been a deliberate attempt to deceive the health and safety officer in relation to a matter which gives rise to a significant risk.
- The health and safety inspectors have been intentionally obstructed in the course of their duties.
Expert HSE at Work Lawyers
Our Health and Safety Solicitors bring a significant amount of expertise and experience to any such situation and that should be contacted immediately upon any notification from the Health and Safety authority that they intend to commence an investigation or criminal prosecution.
At Professional Defence Lawyers we have considerable experience in dealing with a HSE at Work prosecutions. We understand that the potential consequences for an individual or corporate client can be very serious and our assurance is that every effort will be made to either successfully defend or minimise any damage that may be caused to our clients as a result of a health and safety prosecution.
FREE Health and Safety Assessment
Fill in our FREE Health and Safety Defence Assessment today for your initial consultation. Our Health and Safety Solicitors will provide you with the best possible advice regarding your HSE at Work case.
Contact our HSE at Work Lawyers today
Our expert HSE at Work Lawyers have significant experience acting for the defence in HSE Prosecutions. We have been practicing in the Health and Safety field for over 20 years so please don't hesitate to contact us free on 0800 634 7022 today.